Job Title: Field Service and Installation Engineer
Main Purpose of role: To carry out the installation and maintenance of company products at client premises.
Main responsibilities, include but not limited to:
- The Installation of company products at client premises, including all necessary infrastructure and connected ancillary devices, as per our client's needs to an expected high standard.
- The Maintenance, both planned and reactive, of company products. Diagnosing and repairing faults to the client's satisfaction. Identifying and rectifying possible future product failures.
- Maintaining records as specified by the company of clients visits, repairs, installations and getting client confirmation of satisfaction.
- Giving Clients any necessary product information or training required to both operate the equipment proficiently; and to aid them in resolving minor issues themselves and determining when a call out will be necessary.
- Responding to emergency call outs or receiving emergency assistance telephone calls on a rota basis.
- Maintaining the company's professional image and high standards of workmanship at all times when representing the company both on and off site.
- Assisting account managers with surveys and system design
- Making customers aware of any new product developments, looking for upselling, liaising with the account managers when potential sales opportunities arise to increase company sales.
What we do: Design, supply, install and maintain security systems and solutions for a variety of clients in a variety of sectors accross the UK. We very much pride ourselves in our independance, high standards of workmanship and customer satisfaction.
Products include but not limited to: Access Control, Intruder Systems, CCTV, Door Entry
Product Knowledge: Whilst we are partners with some manufacturers, the company prides itself on being independant, meaning we can meet our clients exact needs without being tied to one or two products. However this also means that the engineers are constantly challenged by new systems and products. The company shall arrange necessary training and assistance is usually available from other engineers. It is the engineer's responsibility to request such training and to maintain their own knowledge base. You will be expected to self-help.
knowledge in any of the following is an advantage: Texecom, Honeywell, Menvier, Borer, TDSI, PAC, Paxton, Grosvernor, Plan, Salto, ACT, Levo, Vicon, Hikvision, Abus, Panasonic, Milestone, Pelco, Bpt, Videx, Stentofon, Electric locking, door operators.
The succesful candidate will have all or most of the following skills:
You will have excellent practical skills (using power tools, understanding terminating and dressing cables, basic woodwork.metal work skills) with a strong eye for details.
At least a basic understanding of electronics and circuit building
A good IT understanding
Technical problem solving skills
You will be health and safety aware and understand its importance to both the company and our clients
Able to work well alone and within a team
The ability to relate well with clients
Must have a full UK driving license
£18,000-£24,000 negotiable dependant on skill sets and experience
Benefits following trial period and minimum term service (will be discussed during the interview)
21 days paid holiday per 12 month period.