EcoVadis is an independant organisation which assesses the business practices of companies for sustainability and social responsibility, they score performance against 4 criteria:
- Environment (Green initiatives, recycling etc)
- Labour Practices (anti-discrimination policies, fair play etc)
- Fair Business Practices (anti-bribery policies, ban on anti-competitive practices etc)
- Sustainable procurement (ensuring supplier source products from sustainable sources & minimise waste etc)
Our assessment can be viewed by our suppliers to see how sustainable our business systems are. You can trust the score as it is independent & impartial.
We have just been assessed for 2015 and have been awarded their GOLD rating, which puts us in the top 5% of the companies that they survey.
When we were assessed in 2013, we were given a silver rating. Since then, we have:
- Adopted an electric / hybrid vehicle policy to reduce emissions
- Become a Living Wage Employer
- Signed the UN Global Compact for universal fair business principles
These have helped us to do better this year.